Saturday, August 11, 2012

Allizzwell, Hurdles, Project, and Pizza

It's been raining a lot the past few weeks. Luckily, I live in somewhat a higher place so I didn't experience flood rushing inside our house, or crossing flooded streets. Well, I believe that Filipinos would overcome another crisis like this. With the hope and prayers of everyone, all of us can say, "Allizzwell"

* * *

So well, though it's raining hard, it didn't stop me to do things. 'Coz luckily, there hadn't been any brownouts nor blackouts. So I've really made some progress on my proposed fun project for myself.

A screenshot of my crappy game.

What I've created is something less than a beta. You can call it an alpha. Or maybe a prototype. Well, I guess nobody would be interested in such games. Not even my classmates and friends. Haha. I'm not expecting or anything though.

I've only finished the animation part for the stickman. But it still lack a lot. Still got no rules. Only counts the numbers of successful jumps over the hurdles. Still, nothing happens when he tips, or crashes the hurdles. And those things I call hurdles, looks more more like a stick-stuck-straight against the ground.  Still needs a lot of improvements. Can you say, as a beginner, did I really made a progress?

A sprite sheet I used here.
Well, I dunno if I'm wasting my time doing this project. I've still got a thesis to make. I only managed to  finish Chapter 1 of our study. It's also about Android game development though. But I really suck at such things. I get too unmotivated, in short lazy, to do it. I've got to pass the next chapter this coming week. 

* * *

Although I've got lots of pending stuffs to make, another urgent work came up yesterday. I was told to make a C program. It's been years since I last coded in C. And the task seems fishy to me. It was passed down to me by a friend, saying it was given to me by our dean, but I doubted. But seeing the problem, it looked like it was a final project, of whoever the hell he is, from a different school, to be submitted on Monday, August 13, 2012.

I was at rage of course. First of all, it was just handed down by a friend, with very few details. I would appreciate it if he/she approached me personally. Second, why the hell would I do that. There would be no benefit for me. Besides, it's a project for a programming subject. How would he/she learn to do things if he/she lets anonymous people like me do their work? And based on the deadline stated at the paper, they were given a month to do the thing.

Well, I supposed at that time that I've got no choice, so I blindly accepted the job, without knowing the true purpose of it. So I started coding late this morning. Doing breaks once in a while. And at around 11pm, I've finished the topic. Didn't know if it fits the requirements their instructor required, but I suppose I got all the specifications of the problem. Well, if it lacks something, that's not my problem.


WTF! Didn't expect that one to be that long.

So I asked my friend, the one who passed this shit to me, of whom I shall forward the source. He told me it's  our lovely professor. Well, told her that I've finished it. What surprised me was that the one, who ever the hell asked her this was willing to pay. Didn't expect that. I guess my rage and stubbornness blinded me to the fact that the university indicated in the paper is a well known university, and in my opinion, a university of the rich. It was really an opportunity to earn a little, but well, I don't think my work would be that much. 

Oh well, I decided to remove the screenshot. 
I learned the name of my unknown client.
I just received a call from someone connected to her, 
at around 4pm today, August 11.
Well, just to know who it is, searched her name on the web.
Found the name and there it is, a very similar
screenshot posted on a social networking site.
Well, they were really planning to pay so I decided to
remove my own screenshot as a respect for them.
Although, I wasn't really expecting that she'd really post
a damn screenshot. Hahaha. That was
epic!

P.S. I learned that her family has a lot of connection.
And I guess, not only connection,
but also money.
They also plan to meet me to be able to teach her
about the damn program.
To be honest, the program is a mess. I wasn't expecting it
to be that serious. So I don't know if I could
explain it. Haha.

Being a student, I dunno if I've got the right to say this but, for those who rely on others to do their work,  you suck, good luck if you've ever graduated. But who am I to tell this. And its also no use for those people who got plenty of  money. Well, my client is still a girl. I don't wanna offend her. As if someone would read this part. Haha.

* * *

Well, if ever there really is a payment for that, I would go buy a pizza for me and my friends. I would buy happiness, the happiness of eating together with my friends. Yes! I really do believe that money can buy happiness, but to a certain degree. Well, that's maybe why I'm always down, 'coz most of the time, I've got no money. 

Haha. Sorry for the rantings. Hope no one's offended. Haha. Allizzwell. Thanks! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment