Sunday, August 26, 2012

Business monkeys!

Truly describes the situation. "Two giants are crushing
each other in the wide and vast universe
of the mobile industry"
.

This morning, while browsing my fb account, a friend suddenly tagged me in a post. His has something to do with the topic of Apple winning over Samsung. This was the first time I've heard of it. It caught my attention so I searched the net and read articles about this case. Just search the web, type-in "Apple vs. Samsung", and there will be tons of links and articles available for you.


* * *

While skimming articles and posts that are related to the topic, I came across this article. An article about the biography of Steve Jobs.


That was really bold. After hearing the outcome of the patent case, I thought of it as business. But after reading his statement according to the article, it sounded more of a personal thing, a personal grudge.
I don't know the real story, but it seemed that there was really a dark history or something. I dunno, I'm not an expert.

I haven't read the book yet because honestly, I was not interested of knowing him more. But with all this issues and patent wars, I'd like to see what he's like. The man behind Apple's success.

* * *

Just found it over the web. =D

Truly, the mobile industry has gone far, more than what someone, or maybe someone like me, have ever imagined. With those development in smartphones, I could not keep up.

In a business perspective, the mobile industry of today is a fierce and deadly battlefield. One wrong move and your dead. Business-minded persons are warriors, wanting to destroy and crush their opponents in every possible way. If one is not careful, another would take advantage of it and make him suffer. That's how I would describe the war between two of the largest stakeholders of the mobile industry, Apple's iOS, and Google's Android.

For someone like me, an aspiring small-time developer, this battlefield is more of a school ground, a place where one can learn. Android and iOS would be different schools, groups, intitutes, societies, or whatever you'd like to call it. Android, one who shares information even for those who can't pay, and iOS, one who only shares limited information only to those who can pay. That's how I view these two different platforms. They both provide information but one is limited only to those who can afford. All I wanted is to go and try both, starting with Android, 'coz basically it's open and more affordable for starters.

* * *

I dunno if my point of view is correct, or even acceptable. I only see thing from below that's why I can't see the big picture of it. I don't have the bird's eye perspective like the businessmen involved in running the whole damn show

I still haven't experienced doing business and such, that's why I can't accurately assume what's on their minds. But isn't it that some of these damn monkeys businessmen started as small developers, just like Steve Jobs. I've heard that he'd dropped out of college, did what he wanted to, learn things he wanted to. I admired him for his innovations the past years. But those development stopped after the release of different smartphones, similar to their famous iPhone. They've only made upgrades, and not innovations.

* * *

So I just can't get the point of suing each other. Is it for the money they'll gain? Or maybe they wanted to monopolize the mobile industry? I dunno, the point is why don't they just do their best at winning the war? Not relying on underhanded tactics like copyright infringements, or suing others to slow them down. Why don't they just do their best, make some innovations.

So what if they've copied your ideas, it only proves you're better if you're worth copying. If they've made profits using your ideas plus their affordable prices, offer something worth the price you're giving. Offer something that they can't afford to. Go to the next level. Never get tired of raising the level of competition. That would really benefit the community. As they raise the level of competition, it also improves the technology used by everyone. 

If the competition was somewhat like this, sooner or later, things would really be far from imagination, far more better than those in Sci-fi films. So I can't understand why are they stopping the progress made in the mobile industry. Seriously, what's their problem. For a simple rectangle shaped device. Honestly, this sucks.

* * *

A cute photo I found over the net. =D

I guess there's no helping it. They're damn business monkeys men. Everything's business to them. If it's bad business they won't do it. And maybe they see this progress as bad business so they wanted to stop it. They wanted to personally set-up the pace in this industry. And that's where they'll fail.

Sorry for these nonsense. Thanks for stopping by. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment