Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Vacation, Pedantic, Apple, and Smile.

It's been a while, been busy (again) doing this and that. Actually, I had a pretty long weekend, due to consecutive holidays (wohoo!). I chose to relax and enjoy my time on the first two days of the long weekend. I really didn't do a thing that's needed to be done. So that gave me no choice but to cram on the last two days of my mini-vacation. So, what I did was to delegate some of my tasks to a member of my group in thesis (hahaha, the power of the leader), and asked him to do what is needed.

I'm not expecting a lot from him, because if you think I'm lazy, well, he's lazier than me. So to cure that disease, I've threatened him a bit. Haha, I dunno if that had some effect. All I wanted is some decent result. For me, I've made two out of three tasks I've assigned to myself. Honestly, for the remaining one, I've really got no idea  on what to do with that.

This suck! I'd prefer to code all day, rather than make some research or review about our study. I hate technical writing! That only makes things worse. The worst part is, I'm the leader, a lousy one. Haha. Too bad, I've got no choice.

Dumbphone =D


* * *

I've got an urgent call earlier this morning. It's about my client. And oh, by the way, I've already received my "compensation" for a job well done for the previous project. It's really more than enough. That's my thought all day when I got it.

So, my contact called me and told me that my client encountered some problems, and forwarded me an email about it. I checked it and found out that, It's pretty minor, so I didn't mind. Well, even though it's a major problem, I wouldn't really mind, the compensation was really more than enough, that's my thought though. I've got really no idea on how things work  in this kind of job.

Knowing that minor problem, I went with the usual, searched on Google. Google can really be a synonym for search. That's how things work for me. The problem was I used Dev C++ on compiling the source code while they were required to compile it using gcc in the command prompt while adding the option "pedantic"

That's the problem, it wasn't taught in school. Haha. I only knew the basics back then. If I were to fix this back then, I would really beg for help. Haha. So I found this site using Google. And there it is, a step-by-step to setup the gcc. At first I was having trouble in accessing it. The message always says, "access denied!". So I tried running it as administrator and that simply did the trick.


Yeah, finally worked!


So I've tried to use the gcc option, if that's the right term, "pedantic", and found out the errors. It was my mistake. Check this if you want to know more about this. It's the basic of all the basic. It's an epic fail for me. Haha. And with that, after a few minutes, I've finished the requested revision. I haven't found out the results. I've asked them to contact me as soon as possible. =D


* * *

Just went and checked my fb, and saw a photo in the news feed. She really is the apple of my eye. I stayed still, looking at her for a moment. Well, that's really frustrating. I've had the chance before to be close to her, but I just let it slip. And now, I'm full of frustrations, resentment. How I wished I had a time machine. I've always lived in the past. I never got over it. But the truth is, I'm not doing a thing about it. I don't have the courage to do so.

The message in her cover photo, sweet. ^_^


* * *

Oh, I didn't notice the time. It's already past midnight. It's already the 22nd of August, my birthday. Oh well, looks like another insignificant year had passed. I wanted to make some memories, but I don't have the heart. Maybe I should get a life. But where do I get one. I don't know if someone I know treats me as a true friend or something. I don't know if I'm special to someone. All I know is I hate this loneliness. *gasps*

Well I need to sleep now. I still need to do something later. So g'night. Thanks! =D

Though I'm really sad, I still need to wear that smile for everyone.
Happy birthday myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment